Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sign of the times... I guess

 
36 more hours to go... I cannot wait!! I am sick of looking like the cartoon Maxine
[huh Gram Pam]
 
If someone asked me what the hardest part of this whole procedure was... I would say the eating!  I am however getting pretty good at what I can and cannot eat... I actually had 2 pieces of pizza yesterday!
Your probably thinking "How the heck did you manage that with no teeth?"  I had to cut it up into pill size pieces and swallow it LOL... Where there is a will, there is a way when it involves pizza LOL
 
Anyway, on to the Olympics and swimming again...  Watching the swimming brings back so many memories for me....  I remember my Dad was a time keeper or Judge  [you see them waiting for the swimmers to touch the wall and then they stop their stopwatches, they also make sure they touch the wall etc..] OK so my heat was up, and I lost track of time playing around with friends! Suddenly, I heard the heat being called and started running... Well, my Dad just happened to be in my lane judging!  I was still in my athletic sweat pants [A zippered jacket and sweat pants] well my jacket zipper jammed and everyone is looking at me to start the race... so I finally said "Dad help me pull it over my head" and he did...  Ill never forget the look on his face, as he is helping me undress while everyone was watching!!!
 
Ill also never forget the look on his face when I brought home a 'D' in PE for swimming! I couldn't help it... First of all it was 1st period in the winter... and 2nd of all, I didn't need to learn how to swim... I was already competing in a club type level! That got me grounded for a month...
Oh well...
 
Not long after that I gave up competitive swimming... I was having swimmers ear all the time... plus I constantly had a green tint to my hair, andI was so tired of feeling cold and wet all the time!  After every practice, you could find 3 or 4 girls standing under each shower head in the locker room just trying to keep warm!
Still to this day, I can't stand getting dressed when I am not dry... The way your clothes stick to you... Eeeeewww I HATE that! Plus I hate getting out of a pool or Jacuzzi and being cold...
I guess I will never be a Navy Seal... Oh well...
 
Ok I wrote that last night and it is Sunday morning... 24 more hours to go... today better go quickly! I woke up, took a shower and headed over to CVS to get Sam some cough drops, he has a summer cold... when I walked out the front door I noticed a 5 gallon Sparkletts water jug across the street with some brown liqued in it? I went over and smelled it... yup gasoline... I looked back to our porch and all our water bottles [5] were gone... GREAT! they are $8 a bottle to replace them... As I drove down the street I noticed two of the empty bottles were laying in neighbors lawns... WTH? So I stopped and got them... they too smelled like gas... Somebody was out stealing gas last night and I am not happy about it! I have been telling Sam we need to get locks for the gas caps ever since someone stole Lisa Jo's gas... 
Sign of the times I guess... 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were stealing gas out of the church parking lots around here. I got my kids gas tank locks as soon at the stuff starting hitting $4. Lauren was the only one that didn't want one at the time, but I told her with her going to college we are getting one whether she wants it or not. Plus things are different in the city and her car will be sitting in a parking lot all the time. I think it's a good idea.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Geez...I better get a locking gas cap SOON!
Hope Sam feels better today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

OK, what am I missing here?  I just got this alert....it's TUESDAY...I thought the teeth were coming on MONDAY....why are you STILL waiting????

((HUGS))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Well girlie I am still prego ... and you still have no teeth ...
So who is going to get what they want first ??

I am thinking it is you !!

:)

~~Emma~~

Anonymous said...

Damn those kids, whoever they are..........i would love to catch them in the act!!!I can't wait to see your new look Kendra!!!!!!!!!!!I bet you will be sooooo gorgeous...and the next thing you know you will be eating steak and anything else you want....hope to see you soon....

Love you

Pam.

Anonymous said...

I should send you some NY pizza, if your gonna have to work for it, it's gotta be the best.
Thinking of you, and praying your ok ....
Much love
E.

Anonymous said...

As long as no one starts stealing teeth.
I hope everything goes perfectly.  
The WILL to eat pizza! You're amazing. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

WTH? People suck and should not steal from others.
I cant swim....but always wanted to learn. XO