Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy Sunday morning...

We are heading to the Hi Desert house today...
Kieffer and his friend Sir 'Lance' a Little  are up there laying tile. 
 
Remember I told you about his friend Lance...
[Not the sharpest knife in the drawer! Imagine Joey on Friends]
Lance moved to Chino a year ago, but when he lived here Kameron gave him the nickname 'Sir Lance a Little' the last time he came up to the high desert he gave me a hug "Hi Mom!" I said "Oh No, Not Sir Lance a Little!" and gave him a big hug laughing... then he said beaming with pride "I have a NEW nickname at my new school!" I said "Ok, what is it?"
He said "THE Italian Stallion" and I rolled my eyes... Then Kieffer said "Lance, we don't want to hear about what you do with horses!"
 
[below is Sam and Lance]
 
Anyway Lance and Kieffer left at 5am to drive up there and go to Home Depot to pick up a pallet of tiles and bags of sand.  We can't cement the tiles in because it is going over the septic tank area and if we have any problems, we'd have to jackhammer it up... So Sam decided to level the area, put a layer of fine sand and gently pound the tiles into the sand... That way we only have to pull up the tiles if there is a problem with the septic tank!
 
Hey BTW... anybody having problems with flies this summer? How can you get rid of them? They are driving us NUTS at the Hi Desert house... I think its because of the 20 horses down the road... The neighbor is a horse shoe-er... We put up a screen door... that has helped inside the house but outside during the day its like Ethiopia!
So if anyone has any suggestions... I am open to them!
 
Well, my doggies are driving me nuts... they know we are going to go see 'the birdies and the bunnies' [AKA hi desert house] I made the mistake of telling them earlier and now they are staring at us like 'LETS GO'... They LOVE it up there... They run and hunt from sun up to sun down...
 
Anyway I thought my appointment for my teeth was on Monday but it is on Tues.... at 11am... Darn it... I guess its a good thing... an extra 24 hours to heal...  I have a sharp boney piece in my gum, where my lower eye tooth would be... I thought they forgot something but when I read my paperwork it said a sharp edge might be a boney wall that use to hold the tooth or small slivers may work themselves out during the week following surgery... I'll show it to the dentist on Tuesday...
 
Anyway, be good kids while I am gone and leave me a comment... I think alerts are down?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have FUN FUN FUN!
No advice on the flies...sorry. That would drive me nuts.
Hugs Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I had slivers coming out when I had my molars taken out. Hope everything goes well and you love your new teeth. Can't wait to see them.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie