Monday, August 25, 2008

My weekend and Helga

Whew what a long weekend... and I STILL feel like poop! Ears popping, runny nose, blah blah blah... I am getting better but sheesh its taking forever!
Back to my weekend...
Saturday morning Sam and the boys took off for Glen Helen to practice because we had a race today [Sunday]... and I took off for Los Angeles to go shopping with Candice at the Brea Mall... She needed shoes and a special bra for her wedding dress [then she could take it to get it fitted] I felt like crap but we had a nice day of shopping... Candice's friend who also works at DL came along, so I called Nurse Pam to see if she could meet up with us too... but she had plans already...
Anyway, after Candice, her friend Charlene, and I were finished at the mall... I drove home [about 2 hours]... I came in the house, talked Sam into taking a nap with me and fell asleep for 2 hours!!!
After our nap, Sam and Kameron started working on Kameron's 65 Nova...
Remember that new car engine Kameron got for his graduation present 2 years ago? Well, they finally started to put it in the Nova! While they were hooking up the transmission to the engine... something happened and the transmission fell on Kameron's foot... He is lucky he didnt lose a toe! His big toe is black and blue and swollen!!! He could hardly put a slipper on this morning [Sunday] so we knew he couldn't race today in MX Boots!! So he stayed home and we took off for racing at Glen Helen [Trans-cal CMC Series] Kieffer was racing 250cc and 450cc Junior class or Novice actually... We call it the Nervous class because you have beginners who have just bumped up a class and sandbagging Intermediates who need to bump up to Intermediate!
Anyway we left at 6am and we came home at 5pm... I have to say it was SO GD HOT... Nurse Pam remember how humid it was the day you came out? Thailand-like... well now imagine racing in it all day!!! OMG it was so HOT...
98 degrees and humid... I wanted to die and I wasn't Kieffer in 12 lbs of gear!!!
In Kieffer's first moto he had a great start and was in 3rd place when he swabbed out in a turn [or in laymans terms he basically just fell over sideways from losing his balance] and he came in 19th... In his 2nd race he took a 7th place... [Then they race the races again... you get 2 chances to race and then they combine the score for your overall... get that?]
So in the race he took a 19th, the second time he took a 4th for a 9th overall...
In his other race he took 7th place again for a 6th overall... Did you get that? OK, well anyway... he had arm pump really bad... when the blood rushes to your arms and they cramp up and you can't feel them... So after 5 weeks off racing, in the heat from Hell... we were very happy with his results...
 
Now its Monday morning and we are heading up to the Hi Desert house... I cannot WAIT to get out of here... Its like Thailand outside again today only worse!!! Maybe more like living in swamp country... Its is SO humid I can't take it!!!!!!!!!!! The Hi D house will be so nice and cool... Yippee, Woooo Hoo.... Weeeeeeee.....
Kieffer and Kameron are coming up to work too.. Ill take pics...
Oh and I have an announcement to make... You know how I give my dogs names and voices [like if they were human]
Example: Rider has an upper crust English voice... "Oh Really Mother, why must you bother me so?"
Candice lil Chihuahua has a pepe le pou voice when he talks to GiGi "Ohhh Mon Cheri, I love you... Give it to me... my big black bitch!"
Gi Gi [My black Weim] is actually Large Marge because She is in CHARGE!!
 
OK I am weird I know... OK so Sam and I have decided Bolts [Kameron's white pit bull] is actually
 
 
{Helga from the German Woman's Wrestling Team} because she loves to wrestle and chase GiGi and she loves beer... [If Sam accidentally knocks over a Becks Beer, she laps it up and can't get enough!]
 
So Bolts sounds like this...
"Im Hel-ga... from zee Veemans Vrrestling Team, Vhere is my beer? and Vhere is my Gi Gi, she is my Vrrestling Partner from Kenya"
 
[Kenya because GiGi is black and runs fast LOL]
 
 
Too much time on my hands... I know... but that is how my dogs sound in human... LOL  What do you your dogs sound like?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i think my little chihuahua must sound like the Taco Bell Dog, Yo Quero Taco Bell!! He looks just like that dog.............anyway wish i was going to the Hi-d wityh you all! Kameron needs to drill a hole on the top of his toe, to relieve the pressure................i know,   been there done that!........

Love you,

Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey it was great talking to you! You called right when I was reading this entry!
Hope you and Sam have a good day up in the Hi D.
Hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

Helga, huh? LOL
I hate it that it is so hot there....it has been bad here too...where your pits get wet from sweat as you walk. Ugh.
Congrats to Kieffer! Sounds like he did great! I hate to hear that poor Kam almost lost a toe. Those men and their dangerous toys! Sorry i missed your call.....i was asleep, as usual.
LOVE ya

Anonymous said...

Your crazy ! I love your conversations as dogs. I do that too. I thought I was the only crazy person that did that .
Love ya
E.
Ps hope the toe is ok.