Saturday, August 2, 2008

Friday afternoon...

Yesterday Sam and I were headed over to CVS for ice, when I said...
 
"Let's go to the grocery store instead, I am out of yogurt"
 
"Sounds good to me, are you coming in the store with me?"
 
[Last time I waited in the car, I didn't want anyone to see me with no teeth!]
 
"Yes, Ill go in the store with you but if we run into anyone we know, I am NOT speaking and you tell them I have strep throat"
 
he laughed "Ok"
 
So we parked and started walking from the parking lot into the store...
 
I reached for Sam's hand to hold, and he pulled his hand away...
 
[Its a game we play... we are weird... I will try to get him to hold hands and 99% of the time he will do it... when he doesn't it's to make me laugh... I think he knew I was nervous about going in a store without teeth]
 
"No!.... we can't hold hands here!" he says in a whiny kid voice
I laughed and reached for his hand... 
he pulled away again...
"Why can't we hold hands here?" I asked laughing
"There are people in there!" I laughed and reached for his hand...
He pulled away AGAIN...  "Stop pulling away!" and I hit him in the arm
"Stop hitting me, or Ill knock your teeth out...
Oh sorry they are already out!"
I laughed harder and hit him again!
 
Just as we were getting to the front door, an elderly man standing outside says
"Do I have to separate you two kids!" and we both laughed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next have Sam take you to McDonald's for the senior discount. Right now, you'll qualify for sure. Always look at the bright side. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

LOL you guys are so funny!
Pam

Anonymous said...

That was so cute.......sounds like something my parents used to say to us!!........but you won't have to worry about it after Monday.........you will have new teeth!!

love ya,

Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at Mary's wit!!!
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie