Friday, August 8, 2008

8-08-2008 Olympics...

I am still in my robe... I have been all day... I am still in a major funk waiting for my teeth...
 
I did however feel better after Nurse Pam called me and we talked for 2 hours... She totally made me laugh and I am grateful... Thanks GIRLFRIEND!!!!  I needed that ;)  She is coming out to hang out on Thursday... YAY, we will take pics and share them!!!
 
On to the Olympics...I am sitting here watching the opening ceremonies and all I can say is WOW...
I feel sorry for the next host city! How in the world can they compete?  It was amazing!!!  I also never realized how many countries compete that I didn't even know existed!! Maybe I need to get a world map and hang it up in my office LOL...
[ya right like that will happen]
 
I can remember so many Olympics growing up... [If you didnt know I was a competitive swimmer/diver growing up]  the year Mark Spitz won 7 gold medals... I won 6 gold medals and 1 silver in a major competition that same year...
I can remember being in Dayton Ohio watching Nadia win Olympic gold in Gymnastics that summer... I think I was 11? I remember the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles... everyone was so freaked out the freeways would be gridlock, most of the city went to Europe! I had a friend who said being overseas was like being in Los Angeles! The freeways were GREAT during that time! No bumper to bumper at all!  I remember going down to USC, it was where the athletes village was... That was cool!
 
Anyway, I am excited BMX is there for the first time... maybe Motocross will be next... LOL ya right!
 
Anyway gotta go to bed...
 
GO USA!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the BMX !!! Thought of you.
Ok....you and Pam are hanging ou??? I wanna tooooooooo!
Hope you feel better
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Kendra,
I really enjoyed talking to you!! You always make me laugh and I always hang up with a smile on my face and feel lighter in my heart. You're AWESOME!!

Weren't the Olympics something else last night?? Amazing show! I agree with you on the countries....I had NO idea some of them even existed!!  I was shocked at how many small ones entered this competition. It will be good!

I can't wait to see you! I know we are gonna have a blast! Someday, we HAVE to do the OOOMMMMM DOME! Did you hear them talking about balancing your "Chi" last night on the show?? Those Chinese got it going on!
Hugs Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

You know I don't have a TV which cuts down on Olympic viewing ;-), but I was at the Mercedes dealer waiting for a new tire change & watching their TV.  Some nasal reporter was questioning one of the officials about why the athletes are not allowed to protest, & why can't they speak their mind & how do they feel about China, blah blah blah.  I was thinking: Lady, you are in China right now, so what about your protest?  Why didn't you tell network tv you refuse to go?  Athletes work their life away for this, it is NOT the time to yell: SAVE THE WHALES or HUMAN RIGHTS!  That is such BS.  I can't stand Jane Fonda or Lynn Redgrave....did I say that?

Love you toothless,

Mary

Anonymous said...

I loved the opening ceremony it was breath taking to think that one man had a vision like that. Nobody will ever top that.
Can't wait for you to get your teeth.
Take care and enjoy the rest of the olympics. I've been watching too.
Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Well be happy you got to watch the opening ceremonies, I forgot they were even on!! Oh well damn it i missed a good one...........well honey, im so glad the other Pam cheered you up, we all need that as we know or I know lol........i hope to come and see you real soon........keep hanging in there my toothless sista.....i can't wait to see you and your new look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you lots,

Pam

Anonymous said...

i didn't know any of that about you. Sounds like true excitement for you as a kid! I bet you and Pam will cheer each other up!
HUGS