Thursday, August 7, 2008

My week... ho hum

Thursday afternoon 2:38pm...
 
I am back home from the Hi D house... We left on Sunday and headed up there... Remember I had a Dental appointment on Monday [I thought it was on Tuesday but it was on Monday] I was excited to get my teeth...
I am SICK of being a toofess wonder,
I am SICK of what I can't eat!
Well, I went to my dentist appointment... and I didn't get my teeth... its was my final time to change something... like color, size whatever... I also had to have him pull out those boney fragments in my gum... Anyway, they said I would have my teeth at my next appointment Thursday at 2pm... [Today!]  I also was able to bring home a photo of me with the teeth that were finished... SO I could show Sam... he liked them, and they grew on me the more I looked at the photo... You see I always had big bugs bunny teeth in the front so to see 'normal' perfect teeth in front was weird to me...
 
Ok so that all happened on Monday...
 
Tuesday... was a strange day! We woke up to Monsoons threatening to rain on us for most of the morning... I was thrilled... We haven't been having very much rain lately! We heard thunder and then the electricity went out! You never realize how much you use electricity till its out!  Anyway, I walked outside and started looking around at the storm and what do we see off in the distance? Oooo a tornado... ya an actual tornado!
 
 
It made the front page of the local paper today! I took pics of it but my camera was on the wrong setting so they are not that good...It was gone as quickly as it came but YIKES... I don't like tornados... Ill take earthquakes over them anyday! Sheesh... its the second one to come within 30 miles of me this year!!! WTH?
As we were scanning the horizon looking for any more that might touch down, I noticed a huge thing of water going up in the sky about 2 streets over from us... We thought someone must have hit the fire hydrant!
So there we are, no electricity and no water! We decided to load the dogs up in the car and head to town, we figured the electricity would be back on by the time we came back... We drove by to see what was up with the water being off... It was a water main pipe that erupted and they didn't know when the water would be back on... Great... so we headed to town... I stayed in the car with the dogs, while Sam ran into Walmart for some stuff and then he stayed in the car while I ran into the grocery store for some more food... We were in town a good 2 hours and when we came back... still no electricity and no water... darn it! So we sat in the swing, he read the paper and I read another book [Since having my teeth removed I have read 4 books and I am currently starting the 5th!] A couple of hours later the water came on and then the electricity came back... YAY!!!!  We bar b queued a tri tip, which I could eat as long as I cut it up into tiny pieces, it was yummy!
Then we took a Jacuzzi and went to bed...
I was counting the hours and days till Thursday... I couldn't wait to get my teeth FINALLY!!!
 
Wednesday -
A guy named Doug who use to work for us, came up to the Hi D house to do the electrical for the newkitchen... Oh boy, what a mess the kitchen is up there right now... he put in 4 recessed cans and pulled the electrical for the new fan.
Then him and Sam had to pull the electrical for the new stove [vent a hood] because the new kitchen cabinets go in next week...
In the middle of all of this, my dentist office called... So I told Sam... he said "Hey maybe your teeth are finished early and you can go get them!" with high hopes I returned the call... I found out... my teeth will not be back from the lab until Monday... They were calling to reschedule my appointment! My heart sank! I hung up the phone and burst into tears... I can't tell you how disappointed I am... I am in the biggest funk...  I know it is only 5 more days but I am so tired of this... I know it will all be worth it in 5 days but still... I am bummed ... having a pity party...
I went to bed and slept the rest of the day away...
 
Thursday...
Today we came home and it was raining... perfect for my mood I have to tell you!  I would have had my teeth today! Anyway... I have been killing time reading journals and catching up... happy alerts are finally back on...
Anyway... that is what has been going on in my world...

Tags:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH HONEY, I AM SORRY....

THAT must be why you didn't answer my text message this morning!!!!

I know you are sick of this....but....THE END IS NEAR!!!!!

Hang in there my friend....get some ice cream.....the GOOD kind....and just splurge.  Well, that's what I would do.  Which is probably why YOU are skinny and I am NOT!!!

Love you girlfriend....call me if you need to VENT!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

It will all be worth it at the end Kendra!! Hang in there girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...you have too......and you will be gorgeous, i know you will

Love ya,

Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh sweety, I'm sorry.
You poor thing.
I pray the 5 days goes quickly for you.
Stay strong, it will be over before you know it
Love ya
E.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry you didn't get your teeth already, but they'll be here soon and you'll be flashing them everywhere. I can't wait to see. You're gonna have to make Sam take a picture of you when you're done okay.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

i have worked with folks who had to work while waiting on their dentures to come in so i am glad you don't have to work. Sounds like things have been exciting. yes, it is awful when the electric goes out. I like the pic of the dogs.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Wow I missed alot ... were alerts down or something?