Thursday, January 3, 2008

We are back from going to Grampa's...

Traffic was so light... it was so nice...

Grampa looked really good... much better than last time we saw him... he ate really good too...

We brought him a new comforter and sheets...

"Hey Dad...  you still in bed...? what time is revelry around this place?"  Sam said laughing

"Oh Hellz Bellz, what time is it then?"  Grampa said laughing playing along

it was 11:00am and Grampa was still in bed but he got up and went into the family room to visit with us...

Then Marlo made him some lunch and he kept asking us

"You kids want anything?"

"No Dad we ate before we came"

"Ok are you sure?"

2 minutes later

"Hey you want anything, what can I get you?"

Sam says "you have any 6 foot blondes?" without missing a beat

Grampa says "Fresh out"

We all cracked up...

Although Grampa looked really good... the signs are all around the house his health is declining... oxygen tank in the family room and one in the bedroom, walker in the hall, but we had a really good visit... we are going back on Tuesday

BTW Grampa LOVED his new sheets and comforter... I had Sam, Kieffer and Kameron help flip his mattress too...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad he looked and felt good and had that sense of humor.

Phil

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's still got jokes. That was nice of you to bring him new sheets and comforter and flipping the bed too after awhile one spot feels awful. I'm sure he really appreciated it.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

You know what I'll say :0, that is great & go back A LOT. You know, same old song & dance with me(I know how I am), but it means so much to have family show they love him.  I see so many people written mostly off. It sucks. I know your whole gang makes him so happy to be alive. ~Mary
ps you have a great family, all of it.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you all went and grandpa looked good....i know it meant the world to you to see him and i bet Sam was very happy.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Aaaww what a sweetie. I'm glad he had  a good day.
love ya
E.