Thursday, January 17, 2008

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone said something so 'racial' that your brain comes to a screeching halt and you think "OMG!!! Did they just say what I think they said?" and you have no idea how to respond?
 
That happened to me today... and I am still in shock over it!
 
Sam and I went over to our business today and started cleaning up the back building... [construction, remodeling stuff]  I was taking pictures of items we are selling...  I had set up a table to photograph items on and I am walking back and forth to the back building when out of the corner of my eye I see a lady sitting in a car... she was yelling something like "Hi" or whatever... So I said to Sam, there is a lady yelling in a car through the fence... he said "Oh some of the neighbors like to talk to the dogs sometimes" [we have 2 rescued dogs that live at the shop - our office manager takes care of them - 1 is a pit bull who use to be beat - and the other is a Labrador she got from the pound] 
So, anyway the lady yells again "Hey!!" so I decide to see what is up...
Surprise! It was actually Sam's Aunt and Uncle from his Mother's side [his Mother's brother]  They live in Montana and drove down to get out of the snow and go visiting...  We LOVE and ADORE his Uncle Jerry, he is the sweetest man... and was a BIG part of my husband's life growing up... Uncle Jerry took him everywhere... Uncle Jerry married the
BIGGEST shrew you have ever met... Aunt Yvonne has got to be the most negative, awful woman I have ever met in my life... How he stayed married to her ALL these years I will NEVER know!!!  This woman says awful things about people... I can just imagine what she says about us behind our back...
So anyway Uncle Jerry comes in the gate and starts talking to Sam, so I do the polite thing and go talk to Aunt Yvonne who is the car with their dog [a black miniature poodle, who yaps at me the whole time!]
I make small talk with her... you know...
how are you?, when did you leave Montana?, where are you staying?, How was Christmas?, What is your dogs name?,
"How is your daughter?"
"Which one?"
"Oh I have only met one... the one with 2 children"
"Oh she is fine"
I remember those kids are older than Kris and Candice so I say
"Are you a great-grandmother by now?"
"No.... well actually yes... but one of them married a coon, so I dont recognize it"
[My brain comes to a screeching halt.... Whoa... wait a minute... did she just use the word 'coon']
I didnt know what to say to that... I was trying to wrap my brain around what she just said...
Thankfully, Sam and his Uncle came out the gate and I was grateful because I was still in shock!!  I AM still in SHOCK...
 
Anyway... they are coming over for a visit... so I gotta go...
 
but Jeepers!!!   Has that ever happened to you...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is a coon? Is that a dog? WTH?

I would not talk to her again or if i had to, i would irritate the dog in hopes it pissed on her.

i love you
lisa

Anonymous said...

I warned you!! You are sooo lucky that I was not there, I would have went off on the woman and then they would have been mad at the whole family and then there woulda been family drama... BUT I WOULD LOVE TO MEET THIS WOMAN AND JUST give her A piece of my mind!!!! UGH, sigh, guess its good thing I didnt come over.  Cuz Im quite opinionated and well, I have a problem with biting my tongue. This is the woman that said horrible things at Aunt Tinas house and when Kristing made her tea she waved her off like she was help...... UGH. Im soo irratated at this woman!!

Anonymous said...

Who even uses that word anymore?! Jeez

Anonymous said...

I've never had anyone ever say that in my presence in my whole life. That is like an old word.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie