Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh boy...

Today is Friday but it feels like a Monday to me... probably because we just got home from the Hi D house yesterday and we always come home on a Sunday [9 times out of 10 anyway]

Sam and I are leaving in a few hours for Grampa's house... Oh boy... can you say emotional roller coaster coming... we are helping pack it up and having a garage sale Saturday... fun fun fun...

Just walking up the steps to Grampa's is gonna be hard... he won't be there this time... No more  "Hey, you kids want something to drink?"  No more "are you sure I can't get you anything?"  "Sure Dad, How about a beach house in Malibu!"

Only dissecting his life and putting it all in boxes...

I have done it so many times in my life... My father's house, My Grandparents house...

I do have to say... I learned a lot about my Grandparents packing that house up...

Maybe I will learn something new about Grampa today... I miss him so much...  I am sure we will laugh and we will cry...

I don't need to be crying tho... One of my eyes is all red and unhappy anyway... A gnat flew in my eye yesterday and it took Sam and Kieffer to get it out! It hurt like hell too! Felt like a huge rock! A molten lava rock actually...

I woke up this morning and my eye was crusted shut...

Now that I have grossed you all out... Have a good weekend... I'll be back Saturday evening I think... You never know tho lately...

Oh! Please send some get better wishes for Sam... he is sick... 3 days now...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had "a molten lava rock" in your eye????????????????????????

EWWWWWWWWWW...................................

Sending you ((hugs)) as you head off to take care of grandpa's house.  Remember, he'll be with you the whole time...

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I learned so much about my Mom when she died. Things that I wish I'd known when she was alive. It's gonna be hard. But, you'll be ok.
OUCH on the eye. Hope it's not infected now! Tell Sam I hope he feels better soon.
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

OMG, i am sorry about your eye! You are still drop dead gorgeous.
I will be thinking about you as you go to grandpa's house.
I LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to go through a loved ones things.  It is their life and you feel like you are invading their privacy.  It isn't easy but you know, someone will be going through your things the same way some day.  Hopefully not anytime soon.  Take care and have a decent weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Sammy feel better and i hate when a gnat gets in my eye ... ugg!!

Anonymous said...

I've missed you !! I was going to call to check on you.
Sorry about your eye.
I hope the packing went well, I skipped out when we had to do it with my Dad...I just couldnt do it.
Love ya
E.
PS I want to come to Idol !

Anonymous said...

Oh Kendra, you didn't tell me about your eye honey..............i'm so sorry to hear that......................im sure its not easy going through Clancy's things, i can't even imagine that.......................i've never had to do that with anyones things, but i'm sure there will be a great support system there,  for all of you as you work together to get things done....................as we all know Kendra that "our " families have finally come to there senses....................huh,  thanks to you and I.........oh yes we have BRAGGING RIGHTS TO THIS ONE SISTA!!!!...........AND TRHEY ARE ALL OURS TOO!!..........anyway thanks for being my BFF, my sista, and a part of my life......

love you so dearly,

Pam