Saturday, May 31, 2008

I coulda slept in... shit

We got up at 6:30am to go race at Glen Helen... but we got stuck in traffic in Cherry Valley AGAIN... remember the snow last weekend! This time however they were fixing the freeway... maybe from the damn snowplows... hell I don't know... I do know that Cal-trans in California is run by stupid people who look at a calendar and choose the WORST times to work on the road... Seriously, 50 minutes later in bumper to bumper traffic we said "Forget it" and headed home... The boys would have missed practice... we all would have been stressed and hurried... not a good way to race...

The biggest bummer was the diesel cost to drive out there... at $5.19 a gallon!  OUCH!!!

We will be doing it all over again in the morning... We are racing the Yamaha Dealer Series... Kieffer made $150 in Yamabucks last weekend...

Ya'all come back now hear!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord. I hope you all have better luck tomorrow.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

How exactly would one earn Yamabucks anyway ???
You buy a plane, it might be cheaper.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Yeah gas is killing me with my job .... I don't know what I will have to do if it gets up to 5.00 here ... will have to stay home and do daycare or something!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck at the race today. Is it hot there?
XO

Anonymous said...

I think the beach sounds a lot more fun than bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway.  Have a good Sunday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Wow girl at that price i guess i would have rather slept in too!!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Sorry your day was ruined.
Pam