Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today should be interesting...

Sam and I are taking the 'old' boat up to the high desert house and dropping it off [with the 3 dogs] because at 2:30pm the 3 dogs are going to the vet for their 1st round of the rattlesnake vaccine... [there are 2 rounds]

Now taking 3 dogs to the vet should be interesting because they are what the vet would say 'are dog aggressive' dogs... translation... they would like to kill any other dogs that may be hanging around the vet office...

When I took Bolts to the vet last week after she was stung by a scorpion... She wanted to get a Chihuahua in the office [I think she thought it was a rodent but what do I know] I am just sitting there with a white pit bull acting like a pit bull... you know like it wanted to kill something... You have no idea how bad I wished she was another breed at that moment...

So the vet assistant said "Oh is she dog aggressive?"

I said "Uh ya she is dog aggressive" and they put us in a room...

The vet was totally nice... "I love pit bull's and boy is she a healthy one" he kept saying how healthy she is...

I wanted to say "Ya she is Helga from the German Woman's Wrestling Team" but then I would have to explain that joke so I kept it to myself.

He gave her a shot of cortisone and said see ya next week for the rattlesnake vaccine... he gave Bolts a treat after giving her a shot and she was so good.   I told her to sit and shake a paw and she did it... {Kameron makes her work for her treats... she can sit, shake a paw, roll over, high five, and leap into a standing person's arms} Ya just try controlling her while the office cat walks around taunting her... Oh boy... looking forward to today!

When I was in the vet's office... a dog came in that had been bit by a rattlesnake the night before... 103 temp, tiny little thing... I hope it survived... I saw that as a sign my dogs need the vaccine...

The rattlesnake season is almost over but after finding that snake in my bathroom... I am NOT taking any chances...

Why can't I have normal dogs, dogs that are mellow at the vet... who are nice to other dogs? No, my dogs look like they have been staying at Michael Vicks house when another dog comes near...

Oh well... can't have everything I guess... Where is the Dog Whisperer when I need him? Someone send him to my house so he can retrain me!

Last night we are sitting around the table watching Monday Night Football, when suddenly Bolts LEAPS into my lap... So I put her down... 3 times she did it? Finally she gave up and went under the table and somehow crawled up in a chair with no one in it and just sat there... wasn't mooching or anything just wanted to sit with the adults at the table?  Sam said "Well if you can get GiGI and Rider in the other 2 chairs Ill try to find some playing cards and a cigar... then we'll take a picture" I laughed

Like I said today should be interesting...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG !!! You are too funny .... I actually peed myself when I read the Micheal Vicks house thing ...

It is the same here ... Lila is awesome at home and around people .... but the Vets ... thats a whole different story !!!

Take Care of Pammy ... I sent her a e-card !!


~~Emma~~

Anonymous said...

I love those dogs and im glad they love me too!.........it wasn't always that way though.......GiGi wanted to bite me the first time we met.......so Kendra tells me that she loves food, huh so do i!......so thats how i got in GiGi's heart in through  her tummy!.........It worked!! we've been friends ever since............By the Emma thank you for that e-card, i tried to respond but it kicked it back to me.....and she will take great care of me, i know that......take care all, ill be back don't you all worry and thank you again for all the prayers and positive thought you have sent my way

Love to all,

Gram Pam

Anonymous said...

LOL I wanna see that picture... good one Sam. I like that jab at Michael Vick LOL. Glad you're getting the dogs taken care of anyway just in case. Sounds like you all will have lots of surprises at the house with the neighbor doing that. You better watch your shoes for scorpions. They love to hide.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Those dogs are aggressive????  FOR REAL????  They always look so nice and calm in your pictures!! I never would have guessed.....

((hugs))
Jeanne

PS...oh, who cares...they are damn good looking dogs....aggressive or not!  (lol)

Anonymous said...

My Shih tzu ALWAYS climbs up in the empty chair !! She's half human.

Who knew that had rattle snake vaccine's !!! Wild.
Hugs
Ellen