Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday...

 
Did I ever tell you I have a friend named Tuesday? About 7 years ago, we went to the high desert house and the boys wanted to take some school friends... they were brothers... the same ages as my boys... Kameron was in 8th grade and Kieffer was in 5th...  The boys names are Wes and Nevin...
That is how I met Tuesday...  a couple years later when Kieffer broke his arm and leg... Nevin came over everyday after school and visited with Kieffer... he would give me a break and keep an eye on him... he even emptied Kieffer's pee jug... I will never forget that... he will always have a special place in my heart for that...
anyway... they have 2 younger brothers also... Island and Trustan...
Trustan races MX on 60cc and 80cc bikes, Kam and Kieff race on 250cc and 450cc...  We see them at races all the time...  They were at the Arizona race...
Anyway... when we were at the high desert house with Sam's cousins... one of them went to high school with Tuesday!!!   Small world...!!!
 
I took Kieffer for his MRI yesterday... MAN is that thing LOUD!!!  I sat in the room with him while they did it... They gave me ear plugs and that thing was still SO LOUD!!! 
I also talked to the hospital outpatient admitting...  she said things like "Only a parent can pick him up... no friends or relatives"  - I wanted to say "Oh well I thought Id do some Christmas shopping while he is in surgery, are you sure a friend can't just pick him up"  give me a break... Sam and I will be in the waiting room.
A year ago when Kieffer broke his leg, we were waiting for him to go into surgery and a handyman walked by with his tool belt... Sam says "Look Kieffer its your Dr." we laughed...  Sam can always find something to make us all laugh.
 
A company just called to deliver a machine for post surgery for Kieffer...
He had it last time for his leg too... Imagine an inflatable heating pad connected to a machine you put ice and water into.. then the machine circulates the ice water through the pad to keep swelling down...
 
So I better get dressed... I am still in my robe... Yikes... its 11am... what a lazy bones jones I am!!!
 
Anyway his surgery is at 12:30pm my time so say a prayer for my baby please...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a couple MRI's done in the past and that machine is awfully noisy.  Not exactly the most fun place to be.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Your in my thoughts sista !
We had a patient at work yesterday whose name was July. But she was born in June. Go figure.
Prayers,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

That's some interesting names California people geesh LOL. You mean you didn't tell them you thought Kief had to drive himself home...hospitals... the stupid thing is they only tell you that stuff because someone was stupid enough to ask that question in the past. LOL the handyman Handy Mandy Kyan watches that cartoon. Glad you're able to get that stuff delivered to the house and have it ready for him.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie
No go get some damn clothes on already although the delivery guy might like you to met him at the door that way. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Tuesday is a really unique name. I hope the surgery went well and he is not feeling too poorly.
love,lisa