Monday, February 25, 2008

"Put the wood in the hole" Ya'all

Good Monday morning ya'all...
 
I'm getting my twang ready for Texas...
 
I have a weird thing going on with accents... only one of my kids inherited it from me.... Kameron...  he can do accents like me...  if Kameron and I moved to another part of the world we would never be able to keep our 'American accents' because we would pick up whatever accent we hear... Sometimes we just start talking to each other with accents...  usually English or Irish...
"Top o the mornin to you Kameron"
"Aye... Top o the mornin to you Mom" 
"Put the wood in the hole!"  translation - [shut the door] 
Its a freak of nature thing I think.... It doesn't matter what accent we hear we can just do it... 
Its kind of funny to us that Kieffer can't do it...  he tries but it doesn't come naturally to him... Kris won't even try... I don't know if Candice has ever done it with us... I can't remember... Have you Candice?
 
Candice is in the middle of moving right now so we probably won't hear from her today... Kris went over there and helped her this weekend.  You know... being an only child... I never experienced sibling rivalry... I wished I had but I never did... so when my kids were growing up I really thought OMG they are going to hit 18 and flee from this house... move to the other side of the country and never come home or talk to each other... but... they didn't... which amazes me to this day!  They like each other... they really do! 
How is that possible when all they did was fight growing up? 
 
Anyway... here I sit, blabbing on and on when I am supposed to be making a list of the stuff I am going to cook and freeze and then take to Texas! UGH... Atleast Pam gave me some good ideas about crock pot stuff I can make...  Anybody else have any good soup recipes or crock pot meals for me?  This will be the first time we will be staying at the races and not heading over to a hotel at night... YIKES!!! but we won't be paying 2 grand for a hotel for 2 weeks then either... 
 
We are in a lotto system for RV hook ups... Everyone send good vibes we get one of the RV spots okay...
 
Now for what happened this weekend... We got up at 6am Saturday and headed for Glen Helen Raceway to race an REM race but when we got there it was cancelled because of all the rain we have had over the last week... However on a different track they were racing a CMC series race and we considered racing that... Kieffer went over to see how bad the track was... the second he stepped onto the track, he went up to his knee in mudd... we said forget it and headed home...
 
[Hold on a second... Rider is tripping me out right now... he is hiding under my desk... he only hides under my desk when he hears fireworks...  but there are not any fireworks going on right now? Hmmmm...  we have had a few earthquakes nearby recently but I haven't felt them at all... maybe its because they are building a new house down the street and he hears that... Anyway its weird...]
 
I better get my list going... Sam is in a mood...  We have to go to Newport,  Grampa's and pick up the trailer tomorrow!  Oh and pick up tires for the race bikes... UGH...
 
Anyway... You'all come back now hear!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds busy busy busy your way. Keep my fingers crossed you guys get an RV spot boy that travel trailor will be so nice. You get to take home with you. Do you have a freezer in that thing too? A small one would be worth buying and sitting in there IF you all aren't going anywhere out to eat. Grilling is nice too. I love food cooked outdoors makes it taste better. I hope you take lots of pics I wanna see this camping trip. Kids are funny that way.. mine became teens and loved each other before that they fought all the time. What until somebody has the first baby.. then all the siblings act like it's their kid. That's what is wrong with Kyan and he's so spoiled he's the first and everyone buys him everything they are all fighting over who gets what for him. Pretty good deal if you ask me. You guys have a safe trip to see Grampa and get the stuff.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Just don't come back from Texas with the IQ of George W.  I can handle the twang, but not the permanent brain fart.  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

That title made me miss Don.  Obviously, I was thinking something else ;P. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I want to hear your "  New  Yawk " accent....come on day make my day ! Fuggetaboutit.

Love ya
E.

Anonymous said...

you gonna pull a Brittney/Madonna and suddenly talk like the English?
I hope Candice is done moving. Are you dog sitting?
love you

lisa