Sunday, August 12, 2007

My rambling mind...

I have no idea what I am going to tell ya right now...  but just try to keep up ok...

I woke up to the news Merv Griffin died today... Wow... he was a pretty big part of this valley... he has a hotel on Hwy 111

 [thats Highway One Eleven for you tourists its the main street that runs along the mountains in the coachella valley...]

One time about 25 years ago I am in Vons [grocery store] at about 10pm at night... When I hear this voice... I turn around and who is standing in line but Zsa Zsa Gabor and Merv Griffin...the limo was waiting outside...

Another time about 20 years ago my friend was a Page at the Merv Griffin Show in Hollywood and said come by and see the show... so I did... I remember Tom Jones was the guest... I have no idea what the man sang because the bulge in his tight pants was freaking me out the whole time...

I remember growing up watching Merv Griffin, Dinah Shore and Mike Douglas... I also remember the day Oprah started her show and the day MTV started...

I also think the Wheel of Fortune show is prejudice against tall people... My friend tried out so many times I got sick of going with her... She passed all the tests with flying colors... she was also 5'11... Now that show has been on 20 years probably... How many guests do you see towering over the teeny tiny host?

Anyway... Nick left almost a week ago... back to Florida... he told his Mom...

"Do I look like Ive lost weight Mom?" [a good thing in his eyes]

I said  "OMG! Kim I swear I fed him"

She said "Oh I know you did... [she laughs] he says there is no junk food in your house"

"There is no junk food in my house...? really?  he said that?"

Wow that kind of threw me for a loop... I guess you are not gonna find cookies, candy, or ice cream... but I bet I could hunt down a bag of chips, some sugary cereal and a Dr. Pepper... thats junk food to me... 

If Kim wants to believe we sit around eating sprouts and granola... who am I to bust her bubble...

What exactly IS Junk Food anyway...

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd better watch it, you are dating yourself missy!  LOL

Phil

Anonymous said...

I had a whole slew of comments about this entry. But after Phil wrote what he did, I'm gonna say, I have no idea about what you spoke about.

We have junk food because Barry does the shopping. I hate it.

E.

Anonymous said...

i like all old time talk show hosts...Tom Snyder was just 2 wks ago. I hate WOF....I like the hosts but hate the show.
Love,lisa