Saturday, March 7, 2009

On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again

Good Saturday morning everyone...
Hope you 'all are having a nice weekend! Mine is a little hectic... Kameron and Kieffer are at Perris Raceway trying to qualify for the Loretta Lynn's... [L.L. is the biggest amateur race of the year... only the top 5 in the region go... but first you have to make top 10 to get to regional's] Did you understand that? Ok good!
And... check this out...
We leave in the morning for the Texas Nationals... yup its been a year already!!! For those of you who were not reading my blog then... It was eventful... Kieffer did great at Lake Whitney... trophied... then we went to Oak Hill and he had trophied in one class... was in his last 'main' race... was in 3rd place... the kid in front of Kieffer hit some mud and came to a stop, Kieffer hit the back of his bike, went over the bars and was then run over by the next bike... he broke his leg pretty badly, we flew him home the next day and then we drove home as fast as we could... because Kieffer had surgery 4 days later...He has a 13 inch rod in his lower leg... After the surgery Kieffer said "My 13 inch rod makes it hard for me to walk" LOL
So anyway... Kieffer is racing today... and then we leave in the morning... Gram Pam is going to meet the boys at Perris raceway and come back with them to watch the dogs while we are gone...
Whoo hoo... she is the only person I have ever left my dogs with that my dogs LOVE... I swear last year when we came back from Texas... my dogs could have cared less if I was home!!
Oh and by the way, GiGi's name has been changed... ever since she had that uterus infection and was fixed... she has gotten so fat! So we now call her "Biggie Gi" LOL

OH good news... the boys just called and Kieffer qualified for the regional's and is bringing home a medal... Whoo Hoo...
So if he takes top 5 at the Glen Helen Regional's in May we will be heading to Tennessee in late July, early August...

Ok I gotta go... Ill miss you all... this year I will be taking my laptop so hopefully I can keep ya up to date on our Motocross racing adventures...

Be good kids while I am gone... LOL

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

YAY FOR KIEFER!!!!! I remember that surgery well and I cannot believe it's been a year already!!!!!

I know how much you love this time of year, so have fun and ENJOY!!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Pamela said...

Congrats to Kieffer!!! LOL on the 13" rod....only in YOUR family LOL!
Have FUN and be CAREFUL OK???
Love ya!

E-Lo said...

Way to go Kieffer !! Be safe, please and have fun.
Love ya.

Gram Pam said...

You go Keiffer Monster!! Congrats and I look forward to seeing that HUGE TROPHY your going to bring home!! BTW the dogs kept me very warm last night.........but were moving to the bedroom tonight for more room!! Please be safe on the road and on the track...Love you all.......

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

That great congrats on the win.
I hope this trip is a safe one for everyone.
Take care, Chrissie