Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Do I or Don't I

I really want to post this on my other journal but I am asking your opinion first... 
 
 
I am upset at the moment... Guess where my husband is right now... at our attorneys...
Why?... because some people in this town don't pay their bills...  We had a job a few months back, remember the one with the missing boxes at the jobsite?  [The homeowner  decided to have boxes shipped to the 'empty' home being remodeled. I guess they were brand new dishes or something like that... I don't know exactly... well Sam had the guys put them in a hall closet.  A few weeks later... they disappeared... We believe it was the closet installers...  there must have been 50 guys going in and out of that custom remodel and the owner is trusting every one of them?  Think about it... most construction guys have been to jail for one reason or another...  some are on probation... [not our guys but some] anyway... the boxes disappear.  The owner is FURIOUS and understandably so... but my husband steps up to the plate and says I'm sorry it happened, but lets split the cost 3 ways, owner, interior designer, and us...  I feel it was his negligence they disappeared in the first place, but whatever, he is an attorney and was threatening to sue us!  This was towards the end of the job...  This client Pete Wucetich, was really upset with the designer I guess he feels like he was ripped off however he can't hold any money back from him because his fees are paid up front [wish we could do that] so instead he is jerking us around... Owes us $17,000 and is playing attorney games... so we had to get our attorney involved... I have a feeling this is the way Mr. Pete Wucetich esq., gets everything at discount...  My husband has bent over backwards trying to resolve this and get paid but he can't see anything through his anger at the interior designer...
Grrrr....  We also have another client Joel Cohen, who had some kind of damage at his home [I think it was a flood] anyway Mr. Joel Cohen owes quite a bit more... $45,000! It was $65,000 but he made a couple of payments... He ACTUALLY didn't believe he owed us the money!  Thought his insurance paid it... OMG and this guy is a real estate broker here in Rancho Mirage... I believe he should be able to understand that insurance pays a low ball amount for things and when you want the best it is quite a bit more... Grrrr.... your probably thinking how did the amount get so high?  Well, when checks are coming in for other invoices and you hear he has a good reputation then you keep doing what the client wants...  Personally, I would never give him a good recommendation after what he has put our company through... [Prove I owe it and then wait a year while I dangle "I'm in escrow"  over you]
My husband bends over backwards for these clients... for example we did a remodel for a client and they had HUGE glass folding doors in the back of the house. Each panel cost over $10,000...  One night Sam noticed a chip in one of the panels, so he ordered a new panel, we didn't know if a Gardner did it, or the homeowner... but he paid it without being asked because they pay for the best remodel and they will get it.  His reputation means everything to him!  A few weeks ago he got a call from a former client asking him to come over and check on something. He did free of charge!  He is a good man and I hate it when people like Pete Wucetich, esq., and Joel Cohen take advantage of that... 
We need that money to finish our remodel in Newport...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kendra, your not have a good week are you? I feel so bad , after yesterday's phone call and now all this.
I wish I could come out to see you , hang and go to the beach and we can both forget about all our problems.
PS- I think the owner of the boxes is responsible. He's sounds like an idiot.

big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't post this in your public journal.  That is why you have this one.  If you really wanted the world to see this you would have posted this in the public one in the first place.  I hope you are in a better mood and happier by the time evening comes.  Anyway, take care chickie. : )

Phil

Anonymous said...

keep this info in the private journal, TRUST ME.

I hope your attorney gets all or most of your $$ back. What BS when you guys are THE BEST and you have to deal with rich assholes like this jacking you around.
LOVE you

lisa

Anonymous said...

OMG you all sound just like my sis and BIL they own an electrical business and work mainly on government jobs you would think they'd pay, but they don't. My sis is constantly fighting for their money all the time. It's awful. Wish you luck.
Take care, Chrissie