Monday, November 10, 2008

Just when you think you know... you don't know!


Hey Everybody,
Once again I find myself home for 24 hours and then back to the Hi D house... this time without my hunk o hunk o burning love... how will I ever sleep tonight without spooning? Oh... I forgot... I have my Gigi and she is a cuddle bug! Whew!!!
Let's see... where to begin? Ahhh yes my Gigi and her uterus infection... So, last week I took her in for her 3 penicillin shots and prayed like crazy the vet would fix her on Thursday... I was worried sick... she was still bleeding all over the place... ugh... it was horrible!

[I had to throw away 4 blankets to give you some idea!]

Some good news came on Wednesday evening tho... Nurse Pam was coming up for a visit! Whoo Hoo!!! I needed her to keep my mind off of my poor Gigi!
So Thursday morning at 7am I dropped Gigi off at the vet to get fixed and they said come pick her up about 4pm...
Thank God, Nurse Pam was coming up and I kept busy cleaning up the Hi D house all morning...
She arrived about 12 and we had a great visit, but my eye kept wandering to the clock... waiting for 4pm to get Gigi... finally the time arrived and Nurse Pam and I went to go get her...
As we were at the front desk paying the bill... One of the vet techs asked if we wanted to see a photo of how bad Gigi's uterus was...
Well of course we did!
Jeez... Nurse Pam is an R.N. and I am an M.D

[inside joke to Nurse Pam LOL She kept getting amazed at how much medical stuff I know...]

Anyway, so the vet tech brings up the photo of Gigi on the table during surgery with her uterus clamped off... Now let me ask all of you something because we were confused...
How many of you know what a dog uterus looks like? Wouldn't you think it looks the same as a human uterus? I mean you'd think similar right? WRONG...
What we were looking at in this photo looked like a large intestine... so we both asked at the same time... "Ok... what part is the uterus?" and she said "Your looking at it" we left there very confused...
Jeepers...
just when you think you know anatomy...
you find out... you don't!


So here ya go... a dog uterus with pyrometra [or uterus infection]



Now that you are grossed out... I just want to say...

If I have to go through it... You have to go through it with me!
I am very grateful for Nurse Pam's visit... she kept me from worrying so much! I am also looking forward to her coming back for her birthday visit!!!

Soooo does it look like a uterus to you?

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

A UTERUS????? It looks like an octopus to me!!!! (lol)

EWWWWWWWWWW.....

Glad you had Nurse Pam to keep your mind off of it!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Jee thanks for the wonderful picture LOL. Get your butt back to the Hi D will ya!

Pamela said...

It didn't look like one then, and it STILL doesn't look like one! It was great talking to you yesterday and I can't wait to see you SOON!!!
Love ya! Pam

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

NOPE, so you showed me my first. Poor GiGi because that doesn't look good at all. Glad that is taken care of and Pam was there to keep you company.
Hugs, Chrissie