Saturday, October 20, 2007

WTH? kind of day...

Wow ... what a strange day... 
 
We arrive at Glen Helen raceway and the boys go sign up for their races...
 
Practice starts and Kameron heads out there...  Sam walks over to the track and watches as he always does... I grab my book, kick back in my chair with a full view of the track...
 
Kieffer takes off for practice too...
 
[the first practice of the day is an OPEN practice - meaning if you believe you can hang with the Pros, Intermediates, and Vets... well then, go for it]
 
Kieffer is gone about 4 minutes and he comes back shaking his head...
I think - Uh Oh something is wrong with his bike-
Me - "What's up Kieff?"
Kieffer -"Number 97 rides up to me and says "Why did you try to take out my Dad, I'm gonna kick your ass" and I said "I dont know what the Hell your talking about!" and then they flagged the open practice..."
Me - "HUH? Where did this happen?"
"ON THE TRACK" he yells at me - like its the stupidest question he has ever heard... I quickly realize he is really upset about it... and quit asking questions... he walks over to talk to Sam...
 
Meanwhile - Kameron is practicing in his Intermediate practice - and I guess he goes into a corner with 2 other guys - Kameron backed off his speed but I guess he tapped handlebars with a guy and then this guy yells something at Kameron and throws up his arm at him like "What the Hell?"
[Nobody went down - nobody was 'TAKEN OUT'- being taken out usually means you go down in a dirty move  - tapping handlebars in an Int or Pro class is NOTHING! Nothing to be raising your hands and yelling at another racer for!]  Kameron is NOT a dirty racer...
 
but he also doesn't like cocky talkers...
 
I believe it has to do with being jumped by 6 guys 9th grade summer...
 
I guess I better tell that story before I go on with today...
Kameron and this other boy in the neighborhood had a beef going over Kameron's girlfriend... this other kid would call up Kameron saying all kind of stuff to him - So Kameron says "Why dont you come over here and say it to my face!"  So the kid does but with 6 other kids who then proceed to jump Kameron in our front yard - Kris runs in the house screaming about what is going on outside - We run out there just in time to see - 3 running off and then the other 3 - Kameron had a lovely black eye, and a huge lump on his head from hitting his head on Sam's truck! [the dent is still there on the truck] 
I wanted to call the police... but Sam said no.. we'll handle this...
 
Sam walked him down to the place all the kids were at and said "Addison you want a piece of Kameron? You do it fair and square, one on one, like a man"
 
and Kameron beat the crap out of him....
I was a wreck...  Kameron had to show up to football weight training the next day with a black eye! I thought that was terrible but Sam said "Kendra... that black eye will keep guys from wanting to mess with him in high school because they know he is not afraid to fight - trust me - its a guy thing- its a respect thing"
 
I call it a 'penis thing' because I will NEVER understand it myself... but Sam was right...
 
 
So anyway... back to today... the guy throws his hands up and yells something to Kameron... so Kameron slows down like "What?" the guy is all pissed but Kameron just shakes his head and continues to ride...  Then I guess the Dad pulls over and talks to his son - who I guess then goes after Kieffer... thinking its Kameron...
I guess when Kieff gets off the track - the Dad pulls up to Kameron and says "Oh! your just a kid... I should send my kid after you then!" so Kameron says "O ya? what's his name? what is his number?" then the Dad says "Nevermind" and Kameron rides off... well he does send his kid after Kameron... who gets the better of the kid on the track - won't let him pass - etc...
We were thinking WTH? Trying to piece all of this stuff together...
After the practices were over.... one of the officials comes over and asks if we raced there 2 weeks ago when so and so was taken out in a turn... No!!! Remember I had a bad feeling and we didnt race that day...  Anyway, after all was said and done the official said "If there are any more problems with 97 and his Dad, I will disqualify them from the race... you all are obviously not at fault and they shouldn't be mouthing off"
 
Long story short... case of mistaken identity... but what a bunch of bullshit! 
 
Must be a PENIS thing...
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is a testosterone thing for sure.  That kind of stuff has never interested me.  Hope you have a good Sunday Chickie.

Phil

Anonymous said...

thank God i dont have a penis....can you imagine?
Your boys are good boys and these men and boys together is always sure to stir up a ruckus. Listen to Sam,he KNOWS.
LOVE YOU pretty lady.

lj

Anonymous said...

LOL At lisjao's comment about having a penis!

That was strange, all because they thought he was someone else!
Crazy boys!
Elllen