Sunday, October 21, 2007

Football, Beer and Beach Houses in Malibu

 
 
We are not racing today... woo hoo... I get to watch football ALL day... where is my Bark-a-lounger chair, where is my beer... burp...
 
Ya right... can you imagine that...
 
More like where is my washing machine, where is my dryer, where is my dishwasher and mop... Grrrr...
 
Anyway I am happy to be home on a Sunday!  Next week I will be gone racing all weekend and then the following week... gone for 10 days to a National race in Arizona... which will be crowded with dumb NASCAR fans...
They follow us MX racers around the country... happens in Vegas every year too... they like to ride on our coat tails ya know... huh Phil... oh wait I am not speaking to you I forgot... [USC vs ND game thing we have going]
 
Every year in this house we all pick a football team we think is going to the Superbowl...  because Los Angeles doesn't have a football team - we cheer for whoever we want ;)
Sam picked the Patriots [looks like he might win... maybe... if they can beat my Colts]
My other team I almost went with was the Cowboys... so I have been cheering them on too... I will NEVER cheer for the RAIDERS...
Kameron - went with the San Diego Chargers
Kieffer - picked the Rams - he is loyal to them - why? I have no idea
Kris picked the 49'rs
Candice picked the Cowboys because I told her too and she didn't really care anyway...
Collin is busy with school and he didn't play...  we will get to see Collin when we go to Arizona Nov 2- 12
 
On to baseball - I am cheering for the Boston Red Socks
[sorry New Yorkers and Lisa Jo]
but we had so much fun with the BRS fans at Fat Face Fenners last week in Hermosa Beach... I just have to...
 
Have you seen the fires raging in Malibu? Wow... 
I can NOT begin to imagine what losing everything you own must feel like...
Mortgage payments on a home that is no longer there... 
So sad...
 
Whenever the kids ask for something they are not going to get the conversation goes something like this...
 
"Kameron, what do you want for your birthday?"
"have you seen the new Range Rovers... I want one of those"
"I want a beach house in Malibu but that is not going to happen either"
or last week when we were visiting Sam's father he keep asking
 
"Can I get you anything to drink or eat"
"No Dad, thank you"
"Are you sure you don't want anything?"
"I want a beach house in Malibu..."
that made Grampa laugh
 
 
Anyway... Hope everyone is having a good weekend .... 
Go Colts and Cowboys...  and UCLA next week against the University of Spoiled Children [ USC]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for me it is Go Browns....even if they do SUCK...my ex loves the Bengals. SCREW the Bengals....Regis loves ND...so i like ND since i love Regis but ND is having some major problems this year.
If your home is burned down dont they have fire insurance to get to rebuild and not have to pay a house pymt while rebuilding? I have no idea what CA insurance is like.
I love you girlie girl.

lj

Anonymous said...

Uh, UCLA doesn't play USC until the last game of the season, but I wouldn't expect you to know that since your judgment is clouded by Notre Dame's awful team.  LMAO

Phil

Anonymous said...

Over here, it's a beach house in the Hamptons'!!! Come on you can party with P Didy !
Love ya!
E.