Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Time Travel with me...

Sam and I just returned from the beach... and I have a story to tell you but first we must travel back in time to my childhood...
 
I grew up in a 2 story home in the front of the property - with a guest house and 3 car garage in the back...Between the two was a huge area of cement with a grass area for our dogs and around the grass area was more cement...
 
I was an only child and very very LONELY...  I was NOT allowed to have friends over when my Mom wasn't home.  Which was pretty much
NEVER because she was working 16 hour days in her newly opened escrow company.  It was hard to go to a friend's house because I went to a private school and most of my friends lived MILES away.
 
So as you can imagine I was alone ALOT... and bored... so I skated on my roller skates a lot! I had this HUGE concrete area between the house and the guest house ... and let me tell you I would be out there for hours ... pretending to be Dorothy Hamil skating in the Olympics... I had a HUGE imagination [that tends to happen when you are an only child...] I could twirl, do figure 8's, I am not kidding when I say I was pretty good...
 
Are you getting the picture? 
 
Ok... now fast forward in time 28 years to today...
 
Sam and I had to go to the Newport house, [it looks GREAT, landscaping went in today pics to follow] then to the Redondo house and check on the results there... [pics to follow in next entry]
 
We had to kill time for traffic so we headed down to the beach and rented beach cruisers again... We rode past the Manhattan Beach Pier where Sam used to surf everyday growing up... we sat on some benches and I took some pics of California Life Guard Towers for you Ellen! [pics to follow]
 
Anyway we are sitting there talking about growing up and I get on the subject of roller skating... I told Sam lets go back and I will trade my bike for some skate rentals... I betcha I can still skate... Sam said he tried to skate about 30 years ago and fell on his ass... maybe the memory should stay in my mind instead because it was going to bum me out if I tried and couldn't do it...
I said "I was really good! I swear! I know I can still do it! Maybe I can't twirl around anymore but I am sure I can still skate..."
Sam said "Ok lets go..."
 
Rest of the story in the morning... I need to get to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whatever the outcome was, i am glad you tried the rollerskating.....i can see you, beautiful, long legged and graceful, skating up and down to your hearts content. Was Sam flat on the ground?! I wanna hear the rest!
LOVE, lj